Leaderboard Configuration - Match Play (Individual / Team)
The Match Play Leaderboard can be used for events where scores will be entered on each hole for either a Player or Team.
Leaderboard Common Configurations
This leader has the following common configurations available with links to their articles:
- Base Configuration - The Base configuration for the Leaderboard, refer to article Leaderboard Configuration - Base Settings
- Flight (Event Settings Override) - The Flight Settings for the Leaderboard (If different from the Event / Round Settings), refer to article Leaderboard Configuration - Flights (Event Setting Override)
- Calcutta - The Calcutta Settings for the Leaderboard, refer to article Leaderboard Base Configuration - Calcutta
- Horse Race (Parimutuel) - The Horse Race (Parimutuel) Settings for the Leaderboard, refer to the article Leaderboard Base Configuration - Horse Race (Parimutuel)
Individual or Team Match Play
Match Play can configured by making a selection to the "Individual or Team" dropdown:
- Team (Player Scores) - Team Scores by Hole using the same configuration used for Team (Best Ball)
- Team (Scramble / Alternate Shot) - Team Score by Hole (Scores entered into Unknown Golf will be by Team and NOT by Individual Player)
Team Score Configuration
The Team score is built though the Team Best Ball Configuration, reference Article Leaderboard Configuration - Team (Best Ball) Stroke Play
Match Play Configuration
The Match Play configurations are by first defining how the Handicaps should be assigned and then adding up the points awarded for the Team.
The Team Points are the addition of the points accrued in the following sections:
- Overall Match (Win / Lose / Tie)
- Match Hole (Win / Lose / Tie)
- Overall Win / Lose By
Wheel off of Lowest Handicap of Match
If Yes, then all players in the Match will have their Handicap adjusted by subtracting the "Playing Handicap" of the Lowest handicap player in the match from their "Playing Handicap".
Example, if the match has 2 Players with playing handicaps of 3 & 7, then the player with the 3 handicap will play to a 0 and the player with a 7 will play to a 4. This is done so that the Hole Stroke Allocations fall on the tougher handicap holes.
Overall Match Points (Optional)
- Win Match (Pts) - Points (+/-) awarded for winning the match
- Lose Match (Pts) - Points (+/-) awarded for losing the match
- Tie Match (Pts) - Points (+/-) awarded for tying the match
Match Hole Points (Optional)
- Point(s) for each Hole Won - Points (+/-) awarded for EACH hole won
- Max Point(s) for Holes Won - The Max number of Points (+/-) that the Team can be awarded for Holes Won
- Point(s) for each Hole Lost - Points (+/-) awarded for EACH hole Lost
- Max Point(s) for Holes Lost - The Max number of Points (+/-) that the Team can be awarded for Holes Lost
- Point(s) for each Hole Tied - Points (+/-) awarded for EACH hole tied
Match Holes Win / Lose By (Optional)
- Point(s) for each Hole Won By - Award points (+/-) for each Hole the Team has Won By.
- Max Holes Won By - Set the max number of "Holes" not points that the team can Win By.
- Point(s) for each Hole Loss By - Award points (+/-) for each Hole the Team has Lost By.
- Max Holes Loss By - Set the max number of "Holes" not points that the team can Lose By.
You can elect to award payouts for each individual match based on the outcome. Players can be awarded $$ or Points for either Winning, Losing, or Tying a Match.
Show Winnings on Results Page - If this is set to "Yes" then the winning amount will be displayed on the Event / Round homepage under the results section. If it is set to "No", then the player will still receive this amount but it will NOT be displayed on the Event / Round homepage, but will show up to the League Director by going to the "Edit Results" section.
For additional information on the Edit Results, refer to article League Event Results (Add / Edit)
Overall Results & Payouts
When determining overall results for Match Play events, the Teams Total Points is used to compare against other teams.
Results & Places - Configuration for how to show the places and award the winnings for the Leaderboard, refer to article Leaderboard Configuration - Results by Places