League Event Settings (Multi-Round)
The Event Settings are the core settings for how an Event is configured, for Multi-Round Events, each Round will have it's own "Event Settings". Reference article League Event Settings (Single Round)
To access the Event Settings, you will first need to go to the Event Home (If you need help accessing the Event Home you can reference How do I get to the League Event Home Page?)
On the Event Home, click the "Event Settings" button at the top of the page.
Basic Information on the Event
- Name - Name of the Event
- Time Zone - Time Zone where the event will take place, this is used for the display of times for the Event.
- City - City Location of the Event
- State - State Location of the Event
- Start Date - Date that the Event starts
- End Date - Date the Event Ends (This date is inclusive of the Last Day)
- Entry Fee - The is used to communicate with your players how much the entry fee is for the event and is also used when determining a player's overall "Net" winnings statistic.
- Description - The description is text that show up at the top of the Event Page, this should primarily be used to communicate the format and event information to your players.
If you have Events that are added to your Favorite Events, you can easily change the format of this Event with the Format of one of your Favorites.
Example, you may have a 3 Favorite Events defined:
- Favorite Event for Teams of 2 Players
- Favorite Event for Teams of 3 Players
- Favorite Event for Teams of 4 Players
When you create the event, you may not initially know how many players are going to participate to determine how many Players per team. This gives you the option to start with your 4 Player Team Format and then if not enough players sign up, you can easily switch to the 3 or 2 Player Team Format.
The detail handicap settings are defined within each Round, these broad settings will apply to all of the rounds associated with this Event.
- Handicap To Use - Select how to identify a Player's Handicap:
- GHIN Handicap - Will look up a player's Handicap Index in the USGA GHIN system
- Manual - No initial Handicap will be set for the players, all handicaps will need to be manually set in the "Players Handicap" section
- No Handicap (Scratch) - The event will be played to scratch and no handicap will be set for players
- Handicap Revision - If using GHIN Handicap select how the Player's Handicap Index will be identified:
- Latest - The latest Handicap Index for the player that is equal or less then the Max HC Revision Date
- Lowest - The Lowest Handicap Index for the player over the defined time Period
- Max HC Revision Date - The handicap revision to use for each player will be equal or less than this date.
- Auto Update HC's on Revisions - If set to yes, leading up to the start of the Event, Unknown Golf will check each day if there is a new Revision for the player and update the player's Handicap if a new Revision is identified that is in line with Max HC Revision Date.
Round Handicaps (Player)
You can select to calculate the Player's Handicaps separately for EACH round based on the settings for each Round, or you can select to have the Handicaps be the same for All Rounds using the Detail Handicap Settings for the first Round.
- Calculate HC Separately for each Round - If Yes, then the Player's Handicaps will be calculated separately for each round.
When using divisions, you will assign player's to a Division. Each Division will have their own Set of Flights for each Leaderboard.
The following settings can be applied to keep the Teams and Flights in Sync Across all Rounds.
- Keep Round Teams same as Overall Event - If Yes, then the Teams for each round will be the same as the Overall Event and you will NOT be able to modify the teams with in the round, you can only change the teams at the Event level.
- Keep Round Flights same as Overall Event - If Yes, then all Leaderboards at Round Level with have the same Flights as the same type leaderboard at the Event Level. Example, you have a "Team (Best Ball)" Leaderboard defined for your Event, all Rounds that that a "Team (Best Ball)" leaderboard defined will have the same flights set as the Overall Event.
Player Sign Up / Registration
Settings to control how you allow the Sign ups for the Event and how the information is captured during Sign Up.
- Sign Up Method - How your players are able to Sign Up or Cancel for an Event:
- Online 1 Click - Players will be Signed Up with by clicking on the Sign Up button for the Event on their Player Portal, League Portal, or via an Email you send. If they are already signed up, they will have the option to cancel by clicking on the Cancel button.
- Online 1 Click Confirm - Same as the 1 Click Sign Up with the addition that after the player clicks the Sign Up button they will be prompted with another button to confirm their Sign Up. The Player will NOT be Signed Up unless they click the Confirm button.
- Online Register - The Sign Up buttons will all be replaced with the text "Register" and clicking on the Register button will take the player to a Registration Form that you configure to capture additional information.
- Offline - All Sign Ups and Cancels will take place offline and manually set in Unknown Golf by a League Director
- Closed - All Sign Ups are closed and the players will no longer be able to Sign Up or Cancel for the Event online
- Upcoming - The Sign Ups have not yet been made available, the players will NOT be able to Sign Up
- Sign Up Period - Start and End Time that the Event is made available for Online Sign Up, if Start is Blank then the Sign Up will be made available immediately, if End is blank then Online Sign Up will always be available and not automatically close
- Wait List - Set the max number of players before players are placed on the Waitlist and how players are ranked to be placed on the Wait list.
Settings to allow players to view the Event or Keep score with out logging into Unknown Golf.
- Allow Public to View the Event - If Yes, the Event will be listed on www.UnknownGolf.com and viewable for anyone to view the scores.
- Allow Players to Enter Live Score - If true players will be able to keep live score by QR Code or following the directions on the Event Live Score Flyer available in the Event Print Center.
- Live Score Password - If the players are going to log into keep live score via (http://league.unknowngolf.com/keepscore) you can elect to have them enter a password in addition to the Event and User Code. If left blank and public is allowed to keep live score, then only Event & User Code are required to log into the Live Scoring for the Event.
Share Event with League
You can share an Event with another League by Searching for the league and selecting them. For additional information on Interleague (Shared) Events please reference the following article Interleague (Shared) Event